Welcome to the Riverside Hotel in Kendal
Value for money, friendly staff and great food.
The Riverside Hotel, a converted 18th century tannery set on five floors, is situated on the banks of the River Kent in Kendal beneath the ruins of the town’s 12th century castle. A short walk away is the centre of this famous Lake District market town with its bustling shops, galleries and museums. It’s also close to the train and bus station, is only a 20 minute drive from Lake Windermere and convenient for all the must-see Lake District attractions. See our ‘things to do in the area’.
Riverside Hotel at a glance:
- 58 ensuite bedrooms, including two junior suites
- River View Restaurant and bar serving great grub and ales
- Sanctuary Health Club with pool, spa pool, sauna, steam room and gym
- Two well-equipped meeting rooms
- Near to train and bus stations
- Undercover, free car parking for 40 cars, further spaces five minutes away
- Dogs welcome in most bedrooms, including in the bar
- Free wireless internet access
- Stair-lift to access bedrooms and a room with a roll in shower, it’s easy to access the pool.
The hotel has 58 ensuite bedrooms including two small suites. A recent renovation has seen 8 'fur-free' bedrooms added to compliment our existing 50 pet-friendly rooms. Our two junior suites vary in style - 'Kendal Castle’ is made up of a bedroom with a separate living area where you can work, watch a 32" TV and dine via room service. The Bellingham Suite offers the same features but the bedroom and living area is combined; this room also benefits from a large, modern bathroom. All the bedrooms are spacious, most have river views and include a hospitality tray with drinks and biscuits, a television with Freeview, free WiFi, direct dial telephone, hairdryer and ironing facilities.