At South Lakes Hotels we are committed to taking active measures to help protect and sustain the environment for future generations.
We recognise that our hotel operations do have an impact onto the environment but we aim to reduce and minimise these detrimental effects.
By working with our employees and guests we can contribute to making a cleaner and safer environment and raising awareness of the issues.
In delivering our commitment we will:-
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation.
- Conserve natural resources through using energy, water and materials responsibly while giving a high standard of quality and service to our guests.
- Regularly monitor our performance and aim for continual improvement by reducing re-using, and recycling our energy, water and materials.
- Ensure that our suppliers also have environmental policies in place which are compatible with our own.
Examples of everyday actions
- Paper, cardboard, glass, plastic , cooking oil and printer toner cartridges.
Saving energy by
- Monitoring gas and electicity consumption on monthly basis.
- Use of low energy light bulbs.
- Keycard control system installed in every room to control lighting when room is not in use.
- Re-use towels on guest request.
- Waste packaging by the purchase of bulk food items and cleaning materials.
To see how committed our staff are, take a look at 'Do One Thing'